To improve charity infrastructure for organizations serving vulnerable populations.
To create and sustain a movement of inspired communities revitalizing charity infrastructure across Canada.
Every HeroWork chapter delivers on three promises:
We build legacies of infrastructure renewal, creating big social change.
We provide a unique experience of community.
We make participation easy and satisfying.
INTEGRITY is the hallmark of a person who demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles at work.
- We do the right thing.
- We are honest and open.
- We are transparent (we say what we mean, we do what you say, we provide open access to information).
- We take responsibility for meeting deadlines, we take ownership of our actions and we recognize our role if ever we come up short, and we fix it.
- We have professional courage to resolve conflicts as they arise.
- We don’t blame others and quickly own up to your own mistakes.
- We only say things about another person we would say to their face.
PEOPLE FIRST, we create and cultivate strong team relationships
- We serve as role models.
- We assume competency, commitment and caring on the part of every team member, sponsor, and volunteer.
- We ensure everyone matters and we regard people’s well-being as a priority.
- We invest in others’ growth.
- We look for ways to align people with their strength.
- We reward and recognize team members, volunteers and sponsors.
- We are trusted leaders who are willing to place others’ needs above their own.
TEAMWORK is the process of working collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve goals.
- We work together toward a common vision and goals.
- We encourage open and honest communication that allows everyone to share ideas and opinions without fear.
- We understand our roles and how to contribute to our team’s success.
- We work out problems and disagreements to find win-win solutions.
- We make time to help others.
- We treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with us.
Strategic Plan 2020-23
HeroWork’s Executive Team, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, has developed a Strategic Plan that provides direction for the organization. It includes four primary goals:
the full Strategic Plan
Adjudication criteria for partner charities includes but is not limited to:
- Must be a registered charity that serves vulnerable populations: economically disadvantaged children, youth, families, and adults. Charities that support the arts, sports, or the environment, while worthwhile, do not meet our criteria.
- The building to undergo renovation must be owned by the charity, or, in special cases, when owner-approved as part of an advantageous long-term lease.
- Must demonstrate financial health and security so that we are confident the infrastructure will continue to serve vulnerable populations.
- Must demonstrate community involvement and support.
- Must have a comprehensive scope of work that is directly connected to long-term vision and strategic plans.
- Demonstrable impact from the renovation on vulnerable populations—economically disadvantaged children, youth, families, and adults.
- Demonstrate inclusivity.